Forza Horizon | Hype Thread | Bet you the demo could outscore GT5!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Game is incredible. Love the soundtrack, graphics look very nice and the handling is spot on. Wish they put a night time race in the demo, apparently its pretty incredible racing at night. I feel bad for cows missing out on this awesome game :( GamerwillzPS

I knew you would say that! ;)

I feel bad for lems missing out The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. :( :P

I think lems will be busy enough with the new Xbox ;)

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

WTF, there's no demo... I looked in "New demos" and it's not there. I then used search, typed the game and found the demo but can't download it...

WTF is going on? Is it because I'm a cow so Microsoft blocked it from me? :cry:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#153 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Demo-Day Baby !! :D

It's got the potential to be sooooooo awesome but my head says 8.0 :o mah heart on the other hand says 9.0. :P

EDIT: Oh and nice job on the hype thread TC. :)

SecretPolice
Oh why thank you. It's nice to know there's still a shred of positive attitude in this thread.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Game is incredible. Love the soundtrack, graphics look very nice and the handling is spot on. Wish they put a night time race in the demo, apparently its pretty incredible racing at night. I feel bad for cows missing out on this awesome game :( RR360DD

I knew you would say that! ;)

I feel bad for lems missing out The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. :( :P

I think lems will be busy enough with the new Xbox ;)

Only if it has games. :lol:

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

WTF, there's no demo... I looked in "New demos" and it's not there. I then used search, typed the game and found the demo but can't download it...

GamerwillzPS
Its because you're a silver peasant :(
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
Game is incredible. Love the soundtrack, graphics look very nice and the handling is spot on. Wish they put a night time race in the demo, apparently its pretty incredible racing at night. RR360DD
There is night time m8. After finishing those 3 events just continue free roam and youll get day-night cycle :)
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

RR360DD

Is that true?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#158 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Is that true?

Gold members get access to demos and other content a week in advance. :)

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Its because you're a silver peasant :(The_Game21x

Is that true?

Gold members get access to demos and other content a week in advance. :)

Oh I see. I'll wait then.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
How's the demo folks?
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Definitely a touch of Need for Speed with Project Gotham Racing thrown in for good mesure. Love the radio stations. Horizon Rocks ftw
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
One of the Gold perks I was looking forward to. :D Will either download tonight after work, or tomorrow morning before work.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
Looks like once again,Forza is taking a huge Turd on Gran Turismo :lol: Poor PolyPHONY :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 jessejay420
Game is incredible. Love the soundtrack, graphics look very nice and the handling is spot on. Wish they put a night time race in the demo, apparently its pretty incredible racing at night. I feel bad for cows missing out on this awesome game :( RR360DD
its ok.. they get to race around in 800 hi-res PS2 Cars in GT5 and claim its Superior :lol: and then there is... GT6 - Coming 2016 featuring PS3 Premium Cars like the Toyota Prius :lol:
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Poor calves, having to bash on Godza Horizon, but its okay, you can still watch MGS4 and claim that its a game.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Poor calves, having to bash on Godza Horizon, but its okay, you can still watch MGS4 and claim that its a game.

sonic1564

The amount of butthurt that a 4 year old game still brings to the table is pretty surprising.

MGS4 sucks, but the lems sure seem to love talking about it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#167 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I'll try the demo because apparently this one is suppose to be more PGRish territory. PGR 4 was the sh1t.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 jessejay420
I'll try the demo because apparently this one is suppose to be more PGRish territory. PGR 4 was the sh1t. jg4xchamp
Bizzare Creations was the best.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#169 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Ewwwww..... sim games:|

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 jessejay420
i played the demo and just like all Forza Games,it takes a dump all over Gran Turismo.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Ewwwww..... sim games:|

Joedgabe
Not really.
i played the demo and just like all Forza Games,it takes a dump all over Gran Turismo.jessejay420
Besides Forza 1, 2 and 3 sure.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Game is incredible. Love the soundtrack, graphics look very nice and the handling is spot on. Wish they put a night time race in the demo, apparently its pretty incredible racing at night. I feel bad for cows missing out on this awesome game :( jessejay420
its ok.. they get to race around in 800 hi-res PS2 Cars in GT5 and claim its Superior :lol: and then there is... GT6 - Coming 2016 featuring PS3 Premium Cars like the Toyota Prius :lol:

Your lemboy obsession with GT is absolutely delicious more, more :D
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
I'll try the demo because apparently this one is suppose to be more PGRish territory. PGR 4 was the sh1t. jg4xchamp
I love PGR series...PGR4 still looks great, and was plenty of fun. Shame Bizzare left MS and then ruined themselves dealing with Activision...
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#174 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Following closely. Loved the style of forza 4, but put that in an open world game and you have the realism of forza, with the open world of need for speed.

GOGOGOGURT
True. My favorite racing series.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Demo was amazing. Really.

AND DAT SOUNDTRACK. Putting down a preorder later today.

Will probably bag AA here.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#176 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I'll try the demo because apparently this one is suppose to be more PGRish territory. PGR 4 was the sh1t. Salt_The_Fries
I love PGR series...PGR4 still looks great, and was plenty of fun. Shame Bizzare left MS and then ruined themselves dealing with Activision...

Playground's staff has a lot of ex-bizzare man.Wouldnt be surprised if MS hires them for PGR5 after how good this is.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

The vibe of the game is amazing, the whole festival thing going on, the music, the beautiful looking highways/roads...etc.

Races wise though, been there done that I don't reallly remember whats the difference between races except for the mustang vs mustang race which is a great idea but the execution was awful.

Lastly, like I thought, the game is restricted and there isn't much else to do for an open world game other than driving through the highly linear roads.

oh I almost forgot, can I turn the GPS voice off? that was annoying lol.

And how can I interact with the new rival/challenger appeared sh!t? can I race them one on one or what?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Is there more then one unlockable car? I got the one but wondering if there is more.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

The demo was great and the graphic's are incredible, can't wait to pick it up

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#180 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The demo is awesome, certainly better than i expected!

PGR 4 gameplay + Forza 4 graphics, probably the best arcade racing out there :)

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

PAL360
Dayum! Sounds right up my alley since I loved PGR4...Is it really that good looking?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Salt_The_Fries

Dayum! Sounds right up my alley since I loved PGR4...Is it really that good looking?

Looks really good, man :) It has Forza 4´s car models and lightning, but the environments actually look better!

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 jessejay420
LoL @ Gran Turismo
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

Im not sure what kind of AA they used in Horizon but image smoothehness is amazing for console standards...its nearly like photomode quality :S

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

i think ill get it at xmas... looks really fun.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
Played for an hour or so last night. I have a dedicated racing rig with a Playseat, Fanatec racing wheel and set of Clubsport Pedals and have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into the Forza Motorsport series. Keep that in mind for my impressions, sitting on your couch using a controller will give you a much different experience. First things first, this is not FM5. If that is what you are expecting you will be sorely disappointed. Maybe even angry. About the handling, I already like what I'm seeing. First thing I did was put it on expert difficulty. I did turn rewind and the braking line back on, but thats it. I came in dead last in my first two attempts at the dirt race in the Evo. The three cars in the demo didn't handle as closely to their real world counterparts as they do in FM4, but not really in a bad way. It is almost as if a good tuner got ahold of the cars ahead of time and worked on ironing out some of the negative characteristics. Less understeer in the EVO for example, better brakes in the Mustang, etc. Purist may be put off by this, but it is fine by me. Regarding the AI, I've read some complaints about rubber banding on neogaf, but I didn't see any at the difficulty I played on. Again your experience may be different. Force feedback on the fanatec was good. Better than any other game that didn't have Forza in the title. H-shifter and clutch support were lifted directly from FM4. That's alone is enough for me to buy it. Graphics were great. This is one of the best looking games on the 360. The day night cycle is stunning (although the night time portion was entirely too short, 5 to 6 minutes in the demo). 30fps instead of 60fps is forgivable (for me) because of the inscreased AA and the open world environment. TL;DR version: If you are expecting FM5, stay away. If you are looking for an open world racing game with more realistic handling than Need for Speed, Test Drive Unlimited or Midnight Club, then this game may be exactly what you are looking for. It is just plain fun to play.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 GamerwillzPS

Im not sure what kind of AA they used in Horizon but image smoothehness is amazing for console standards...its nearly like photomode quality :S

-

-

-

-

Magik85

Nice, they look gorgeous. The 360 hardware has an advantage due to the upscaler and better anti-aliasing support.

Forza Horizon and Halo 4 are on my Christmas list. :)

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 carlisledavid79
More I play the demo the more I love it. Even as I type im sat listening to one of the radio stations heh. Graphics look great surpass Forza 4 in my opinion. Love the open world feel of the game so far as well. Will buy this day one no-doubt. Think this will be easily my favourite Forza game (as a big PGR fan I guess that isn't a stretch for me though). Anyway back to beating peoples times on the demo. (watch out FreedomFreak :P)
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]More I play the demo the more I love it. Even as I type im sat listening to one of the radio stations heh. Graphics look great surpass Forza 4 in my opinion. Love the open world feel of the game so far as well. Will buy this day one no-doubt. Think this will be easily my favourite Forza game (as a big PGR fan I guess that isn't a stretch for me though). Anyway back to beating peoples times on the demo. (watch out FreedomFreak :P)

Shame it's random. Otherwise I'd school you :P
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]More I play the demo the more I love it. Even as I type im sat listening to one of the radio stations heh. Graphics look great surpass Forza 4 in my opinion. Love the open world feel of the game so far as well. Will buy this day one no-doubt. Think this will be easily my favourite Forza game (as a big PGR fan I guess that isn't a stretch for me though). Anyway back to beating peoples times on the demo. (watch out FreedomFreak :P)

Heh, well on release bring it my friend :) (although not too hard as im rubbish :P)
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts

Demo is a blast, soundtrack is sweet, graphics are the **** Im lol at the 14 votes the game got for "Below an A". You cows realize voting it that far down wont make your wish reality? Sad attempt at damage control. Oh well, another awesome game for Xbox gamers. Enjoy PS All Starz haters :lol:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]More I play the demo the more I love it. Even as I type im sat listening to one of the radio stations heh. Graphics look great surpass Forza 4 in my opinion. Love the open world feel of the game so far as well. Will buy this day one no-doubt. Think this will be easily my favourite Forza game (as a big PGR fan I guess that isn't a stretch for me though). Anyway back to beating peoples times on the demo. (watch out FreedomFreak :P)

Heh, well on release bring it my friend :) (although not too hard as im rubbish :P)

fo'sho. Although I'm not brilliant myself.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 balfe1990

Played for an hour or so last night. ....

TL;DR version: If you are expecting FM5, stay away. If you are looking for an open world racing game with more realistic handling than Need for Speed, Test Drive Unlimited or Midnight Club, then this game may be exactly what you are looking for. It is just plain fun to play.HadOne2Many

I don't use a wheel but I agree with everything you posted. I'm actually very excited for this.

As one of the devs put, this game aims to be a " celebration of car culture". Quite fitting I think.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 PAL360

^Those pics arte impressive! Another 'console graphics king' contender.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I seem to be the minority that don't really like it. It feels less realistic then Forza 4 but then too realistic to be a silly arcade racer like Burnout. Feels a bit "caught in the middle" for me and the whole festival/Need For Speed/Fast and the Furious/cheesy radio/ "You gotta win for respect, holmes!" vibe REALLY turned me off. Still, it seems like a good racer and the graphics are gorgeous. Prob AA and hope people enjoy it :P
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46303 Posts

I really wanted to get this game but when they announced that DLC pass and day one DLC my hype for it fell

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Quick question, and sorry if this has already been covered here. 10 pages was a lot for me to read through and I may have missed it.

I've seen a few posts on the official forums that are saying there is a hidden stability assist that remains on unless you first change your difficulty to expert, then turn back on the assists you want. They are saying if you simply leave it at default then turn off the assists you still can't get rid of this one. Apparently the ABS indication on the HUD will flash when STM kicks in.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is true it could explain why some of us are getting a more Forza 4 like experience than others.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 balfe1990

Quick question, and sorry if this has already been covered here. 10 pages was a lot for me to read through and I may have missed it.

I've seen a few posts on the official forums that are saying there is a hidden stability assist that remains on unless you first change your difficulty to expert, then turn back on the assists you want. They are saying if you simply leave it at default then turn off the assists you still can't get rid of this one. Apparently the ABS indication on the HUD will flash when STM kicks in.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is true it could explain why some of us are getting a more Forza 4 like experience than others.

HadOne2Many

Afraid I can't answer your question but are you the same chap that had the awesome multi-screen jobbie for Forza 3? Your name rings a bell.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GamerwillzPS

I really wanted to get this game but when they announced that DLC pass and day one DLC my hype for it fell

R4gn4r0k

Day 1 DLC? Man... :?

This generation kind of sucks really.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 balfe1990

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

GamerwillzPS

Day 1 DLC? Man... :?

This generation kind of sucks really.

Yeah. And the Season Pass is like 40 quid. It's stupid money to be paying.